This tuition programme on DVD is the first part of an exciting and practical new series in learning to speak and write Spanish. In this Beginner's Course, Kick-Start, students will learn vocabulary and grammar that will allow them to orally compose basic sentences, pronounce words correctly in Spanish, and write short essays using the vocabulary and grammar that they will have learned during the course.
This Beginner's Course in Spanish is aimed at Year 9 and 10 students; it is equally relevant to NCEA Level 1 or IGCSE level students seeking to revise their foundations. The Beginner's Course is also applicable to adults desiring to understand, read, write and communicate in Spanish.
This tuition programme (to be watched on television or compuer) comes with a set of 50 English/Spanish flash cards, aimed to reinforce a variety of nouns learned in this DVD. The set of flashcards is packaged in a self-seal re-usable packet, which means that there is no box to be squashed as you carry it in your pocket or bag!
This progamme also comes with an alphabet/vocabulary game, “Go Fish” – perfect for teaching the little ones the alphabet while doubling up on English and Spanish vocabulary. For the older children and/or adults, this deck of cards is perfectly suited for playing “Snap” ( “snap” each capital letter with its matching small letter) in order to practice one’s Spanish pronunciation while increasing one’s Spanish vocabulary!
- Difficult concepts become simple with clear and detailed explanations.
- Supports all levels of student ability by allowing students to work at any pace, i.e. the DVD presentation allows pausing, skipping, reviewing, etc. The student is in control.
- Carefully designed and structured teaching supports student learning through consistency.
- Misunderstandings and misconceptions are identified and addressed through the coverage of common errors and pitfalls.
- Ample reinforcement of learned concepts is provided through numerous worked examples and exercises of different levels of complexity.
- Opportunity for student extension is given through the provision of challenging problems.
- Preparation for examinations is provided through exam-standard worked examples and exercises.
- Running time of over an hour; and teaching and learning time approximately 30 hours depending on the student's ability.
Contents of this DVD
This tuition programme on DVD will teach Year 9 and Year 10 students: how to confidently greet someone in Spanish; write and pronounce the Spanish alphabet; apply Spanish spelling rules; use articles correctly; and effectively build a vocabulary. Students will also be taught how to: conjugate verbs according to subject pronouns; apply the rules of number and gender when using adjectives; and use idiomatic phrases appropriately. For each section, the concept is taught, examples are covered in detail, and exercises are provided for the students. These exercises are then worked through and discussed, allowing the students to check their answers.
A quote from one of our satisfied customers: "I have bought all revision aids out there, but none are as effective as yours."
Part 2 in this series will continue teaching additional parts of speech.
FOR HOME USE ONLY. Wide-screen format. For TV and/or computer.