This tuition programme on DVD is the first part of a multi-part series that will provide Cambridge International Education students with detailed coverage and practice of the A/AS Level P1 Mathematics topic of differentiation. By leading students on a route of discovery, this DVD (Part 1) will provide them with a solid foundation in differentiation, exposing links to other topics in mathematics (to assist students in constructing knowledge) and covering the significance, basic rules and application of rules to solve differentiation problems. The aim of this tuition programme is to make difficult differentiation concepts easy to understand through simple and clear explanations: students will understand and effortlessly learn the relevant concepts without being actively aware of learning.
* Difficult concepts become simple with clear and detailed explanations
* Supports all levels of student ability through being able to work at any pace i.e. the DVD presentation allows pausing, skipping, reviewing etc. The student is in control.
* Carefully designed and structured teaching supports student learning through consistency
* Misunderstandings and misconceptions are identified and addressed through coverage of common mistakes and pitfalls
* Ample reinforcement of learned concepts through numerous worked examples and exercises of different levels of complexity
* Opportunity for student extension through the provision of challenging problems
* Preparation for examinations through exam-standard worked examples and exercises
* Running time of more than 2 hours; teaching and learning time approximately 12 hours depending on student ability.
Chapters on this DVD cover
Revision, Gradients of Straight Lines, Gradients of Curves, Chords, Tangents to Curves, Equations of Tangents and Normals, Derived Functions, Common Notations, Differentiation Rules (constant and power rules), Techniques for Solving Problems, and Using Exponents/Indices to Solve Problems. For each section, the concept is taught, examples are covered in detail, and then exercises are provided for the students to complete. These exercises are then worked through thereafter, step-by-step, allowing the student to check both their answers and working.
A quote from one of our satisfied customers: "I have bought all revision aids out there, but none are as effective as yours."
Unit P1 Differentiation is continued in part 2 and 3 and is completed in part 4 (to be released).
Get the most comprehensive introduction to differentiation today!